Jonathan Burroughs, MD, MBA, FACHE, FAAPL is President and CEO of The Burroughs Healthcare Consulting Network, Inc. He works with some of the nation’s top healthcare consulting organizations to provide ‘best practice’ solutions and training to healthcare organizations throughout the country.
His best practice areas are governance, physician–hospital alignment strategies, credentialing, privileging, peer review and performance improvement/patient safety, medical staff development planning, strategic planning, physician performance and behavior management. Jonathan Burroughs also examines the ways in which physicians and management can work together in new ways to solve quality, safety, operational, and financial challenges.
Dr. Jonathan Burroughs serves on the national faculty of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the American Association for Physician Leadership, where he has been consistently rated as one of their top speakers and educators.
In 2014, Dr. Jonathan Burroughs and Dr. David Nash were awarded a development grant by the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) to develop a twelve-hour national program to address population health and the disruptive innovative business models necessary to support it.
Over the past two years, he has been awarded two additional national development grants from ACHE to develop 12-hour programs in “Ways in which Executives can Collaborate to Achieve Optimize Clinical and Business Outcomes” and “How to Monetize Quality in a Pay for Value World.”
He is the author or coauthor of the following books.
- Redesign the Medical Staff Model-A Collaborative Approach (published by Health Administration Press, November, 2014 and the winner of the 2016 James A. Hamilton Award for Outstanding Healthcare Management Book of the year)
- The Complete Guide to FPPE (2012)
- Medical Staff Leadership Essentials(2011)
- Engage and Align the Medical Staff and Hospital Management: Expert Strategies and Field-Tested Tools (2010)
- A Practical Guide to Managing Disruptive and Impaired Physicians (2010)
- The Top 40 Medical Staff Policies and Procedures, Fourth Edition (2010)
- Emergency Department On-Call Strategies: Solutions for Physician-Hospital Alignment (2009)
- Peer Review Best Practices: Case Studies and Lessons Learned (2008)
Dr. Burroughs received his bachelor’s degree at Johns Hopkins University, his MD from Case Western Reserve University, and a healthcare MBA with honors from the Isenberg School of Management.
He is a certified healthcare and physician executive and is a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the American Association for Physician Leadership.